Can a Dented Garage Door Be Repaired?
Do you have any visible dents or bends in your garage doors? The process to fix these issues is smooth as can be with the help of RCS Carolinas. Our 20+ years of experience in the garage door industry allows us to assess, repair and — when needed — replace garage door panels efficiently. Although we’re based in Charlotte, our area of service extends through both North and South Carolina to keep your home garage functioning and appealing.
Many instances can occur that could cause a bent garage door panel. Most often, we hear from parents whose just-licensed teenager rear-ended or front-ended the garage when it was closed, causing the garage door panel to dent. Another common cause of a dented garage door panel is miscellaneous toys or sports items that are thrown awry. Severe weather can also wreak havoc on your garage doors, damaging one or multiple panel sections.
What Happens When Your Garage Door Panel Is Bent or Dented?
If your garage door has received external damage to the panels, it can result in a variety of negative effects for your home. Some problems that may arise include:
- Unsightly exterior appearance — No one wants to come home after a long day to see an ugly hole or dent staring them down as they pull into the garage — and none of your neighbors want to look at it, either. Without repairing the dented or bent garage door panel, your house will quickly become the home no one wants to look at.
- Exposure to weather conditions — If the dent was created with enough force, there is the potential for weather conditions such as rain, wind or freezing temperatures to creep into your garage and put your home comfort at risk.
- Stuck or unmoving doors — A bent garage door panel that sits at the wrong angle could prohibit your door from moving up and down. This can create more long-term problems, resulting in an entire garage door replacement as opposed to a single panel replacement or repair.
- Little to no security — Depending on how extreme the damage to your door panel is, you may need a garage door repair for safety reasons. A significant dent or hole could put your family’s safety at risk if a stranger finds a way to get inside. Your privacy could also be compromised if neighbors can peek through your garage door.
Can You Replace One Panel of a Garage Door?
With sectional garage doors, panel replacement is effortless, and replacement panels are easy to get. A perk to working with RCS Carolinas as your garage door company is that we have all models of Clopay® garage doors and panel sections available — even if you didn’t have a Clopay installed, we can find a replacement panel that looks close in appearance. If the damage is too severe, or multiple garage door sections have been affected, we will consult you about a replacement of your entire garage door, especially if your old door is aged and cannot be matched.
RCS Carolinas Provide Replacement Panels & New Panel Installation for Your Dented Garage Door Panels
At RCS Carolinas, we put our clients and customers first. If you request a garage door dent or bent panel repair, we will correct the issue — or find a replacement panel that is a perfect match. To help, we will ask you for specific details of your current garage door, including:
- What is your existing garage door model?
- What is the panel size of the section that needs to be repaired or replaced?
- What color (exact or a close estimate) is the affected panel?
- What section of your door does the panel cover — top, middle or bottom panel?
With these details, we can identify the repair your door panel needs to keep your home safe and improve its curb appeal. Contact us today for a repair service estimate and you’ll see firsthand the care and professionalism our staff provides.