Does your home have a keyless entry garage door? This feature offers numerous benefits, including convenience, no more worries about lost keys, increased security and a reliable alternative if you lose your remote control or it no longer works.
With a keyless setup, you only need to type in a personal identification number (PIN) to operate your door. However, situations may arise where you need to reset this personalized code.
With so many passwords to remember these days, it’s easy to forget your garage door PIN and need to reset it. It’s also advisable to change it after allowing a stranger (such as a delivery or repair person) to use it, and you’ll definitely want to reset the code if you believe an unauthorized individual knows it.
How to Program a Garage Door Keypad
Changing a garage door keypad is simple. You’ll only need to follow a few easy steps to complete the process. However, the specific actions vary based on the manufacturer. You may need to consult the owner’s manual or contact a professional garage door dealer for assistance.
How to Program a LiftMaster® Keypad
At RCS Garage Doors, we sell and service garage door openers from LiftMaster®, one of the top brands in the industry. LiftMaster products feature advanced technologies — you can even integrate them with a “smart” home setup for increased functionality and convenience.
If you need to change a garage door code on a LiftMaster model, follow these steps:
- Find the Learn button on the opener (or on the wall control unit if you have this setup). You’ll likely need a ladder or an elevated platform to reach this device.
- Hold and release the button. (You’ll need to repeat this step if your opener has a MyQ® smart control feature.)
- Within 30 seconds, key in your new PIN and press the Enter button. The code must consist of four digits. It should be easy to remember but not so obvious that a stranger could figure it out.
- Depending on which LiftMaster opener model you own, you’ll either see blinking or extinguishing lights to indicate a successful reset.
- Wait 10 seconds and test your new code.
Contact RCS Garage Doors for Assistance
If you have trouble changing the code or the garage door keypad is not working, the knowledgeable professionals at RCS Garage Doors are ready to help. Reach out online or by phone whenever you need us, and we’ll be happy to assist you!